Monday, May 19, 2008

May 10 - Real to Monesterio

Funny episode during the night. I was sound asleep and at one point I felt something on my leg. I opened my eeyes and waited to feel more and decided it was my sleeping bag settling down onto my leg. Then I felt it a little firmer against my leg. OK, is someone trying to get into bed with me? Manolo? Who? HAhaha. I sit up quickly and turn to look and banged my head onto the bunk above. Nothing there. So I threw my covers open, thinking snake, and hear a meeooowwww. PHEW!! I pushed the cat off my bed and he jumped back on it, so I shooood him out the door, which apparently can be pushed open by the cat. I put a chair up to it so that he cannot get back in. This morning Finnish guy was the first one up and I wonder what he thought. The bikers left early. Manolo is also on bike. He started in Sevilla, is biking to Santiago then the Camino Frances to SJPP and then home to Albacete where he lives. Quite the trek! He left next with plans to meet later in Monesterio. I made the decision to bus to Monesterio due to my leg thing (grrrr) so Salvador and Moos left together. Yeah, well, there is no bus service on Saturday. So I had to hire a taxi and I was in Monesterio in a flash (30 € later). He charges 30€ whether he is taking one or 4 pilgrims, one or 10 rucksacks. I checked into a hostal, because there are no albergues there. I bought a few groceries and waited for the guys. Manolo arrived first adn checked into another hostal. Salvador and Moos arrived and after resting a bit, we went to a museum of the Via de la Plata (not mentioned in the CSJ guide, by the way). It is pouring now. Amazing how little the rain has actually fallen on us while walking. Really, none. But at night, downpours! The weather is now much chillier. Skies overcast and very windy. I have no pictures of today. Maybe Salvador does and he walked a TOTAL 21 KILOMETERS.

1 comment:

CarolineMathieson said...

Hmmm, the albergue is actually in the Cruz Roja building on the left as you enter the town. There is Hostal Moya just afterwards where the key is kept.